Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is an involved process we are not going to be able to cover comprehensively, nor perhaps get any immediate results.
However, by using some pay per click devices and Pay for Inclusion , we might just be able to help in generating some sales!
Pay Per Click
A Pay Per Click (also known as Pay Per Ranking, Pay Per Placement or Pay Per Position) search engine enables you to list your site at the top of the search engine results. You pay only when the browser or person searching, clicks on your listing and connects to your site. You don't pay to list, you only pay for clicks or click throughs.
Pay Per Click Strategy
Selecting a bunch of keywords is only the first step in creating and launching effective PPC campaigns. Like all good marketing it requires consideration and strategy.
- Write a list of all the keywords you can think of that relate to your site. If you're not sure if it's a keyword that anybody will search on, list it anyway. If nobody searches on it, you don't pay. The more keywords you include, the better your results will be. A great free key word suggestion tool provided by Google as part of their AdWords PPC program.
- Start out with a low bid on each keyword, between one and five cents per click or limit the daily expenditure if rates are set for particular words.
- Go back each day and see how many hits each of those keywords have generated. You can sometimes see how many others have bid on the same keyword, what they have bid on the same keyword, and what your position is in the hit list. For instance, if you were to bid five cents, two other people bid four cents, and seven others bid greater than five cents, then whenever somebody conducts a search, your site's description will be the eighth one listed.
- Now, having monitored the results, you will want to re-evaluate your bids. If a given keyword generated a satisfactory number of hits, and you are near or at the top of the list, then you don't need to raise your bid. If you are near the middle of the list, raise your bid slightly; if you are near the bottom, raise it more.
- One or two of the keywords you have selected will probably most accurately describe your site, and the results of searches on these will want to be at or near the top. Make sure you place your highest bids here or enter a proxy bid that automatically raises your bid relative to others.
- Repeat your re-evaluation at least once a week, and make changes as needed.
- Record the results. If possible use a web tracking utility to identify the source of your traffic and where they have been referred from.
Performance-based marketing can give you an excellent return on your marketing dollar, and gives you opportunities to fine-tune your programs in a way that is not possible elsewhere.